After the expo, we got the motorcycles to my place. The BK500 and K500 are mine, and the KS600 on the right is my friend’s. The one i wrote about a couple of weeks ago.
I changed the oil filter with a modern one, installed the engine and gearbox on the frame, set up the engine timing with a new distribution kit, and discovered a HUGE crack in the gearbox body. I don’t know why i did not notice that when i installed the parts in the gearbox, but it is very big and a lot of oil drips from there. I had to weld it so i could continue.
The “package” contained, 2 frames, one with heavy modifications, two engines, two gear boxes, one final drive, a gas tank with cover, some controls, a headlight, a couple of wheels, one carburettor, two fenders (and a couple more from different motorcycle brands), one front frok, a couple of seats and a lot of rust.
Unfortunately i would later find out most of the parts needed major restoration, and a lot of them replacement.
I seem to be very lucky, as i was able to fine a rather good Stoye 1 sidecar, that was rust free and came with a free paint job (in a garage so not the best quality but rather good). When i get some time i will have to take it to a metalworker to get all the dents out of the aluminium and repaint it but for now it’s perfect!
Most of the stripes are done by me, so …they are a bit crooked but they are HAND MADE! 😀
As for the old sidecar, i will probably donate it or give it as a package with the second MZ BK350 that i have to whoever wants to start a BK restoration project in the future.