Fun!

This weekend i managed to make a light trip (about 600km) with the motorcycle. Unfortunately i didn’t find the time to finish everything before i  left so i only had problems with the sparks, carbs and clutch, but overall i managed to get back home so it had a good ending. This is why i did not want to start with the Zundapp until i finish this one, working one two projects consumes a lot of time.

I lost my camera card so this are a couple of photos i stole from motociclism.ro / http://calatoriifestinalente.wordpress.com/ :))

cifa_iarba cifa_iarba2

 

Looking forward for the next trip i make with the bike, this time AFTER i finish it if possible.

No time!

I was unable to make a lot of free time lately but i still managed to install a new glass in the headlight, seal the exhaust a little better so it will not leak and push out smoke from all of the joints, add a light protector to the headlight, put the new tyres on (Made in England, but they look nice) and assemble and align the sidecar.

There is still a lot of work on the sidecar, i have to install the power cables, lights ( don’t have them yet), passenger support bar, windscreen (also missing) and the Stoye logos that just arrived at the post office.

IMG_0889 IMG_0890

 

*New seat is also installed, i have to take some better photos next time.

58 Stoye 1 SML

I seem to be very lucky, as i was able to fine a rather good Stoye 1 sidecar, that was rust free and came with a free paint job (in a garage so not the best quality but rather good). When i get some time i will have to take it to a metalworker to get all the dents out of the aluminium and repaint it but for now it’s perfect!

Most of the stripes are done by me, so …they are a bit crooked but they are HAND MADE! 😀

 IMG_0825

IMG_0831

IMG_0834 IMG_0835

IMG_0836 IMG_0837 IMG_0838 IMG_0839

IMG_0840

IMG_0842 IMG_0843

IMG_0844 IMG_0845 IMG_0846

As for the old sidecar, i will probably donate it or give it as a package with the second MZ BK350 that i have to whoever wants to start a BK restoration project in the future.

Sidecar alignment

First time i had so much trouble aligning a sidecar, but it’s finally done. Unfortunately the replica stoye 2 i have is a bit smaller than the original so i will replace it with an original sidecar as soon as i find one.

IMG_0701 IMG_0702

IMG_0720 IMG_0721

I found an old fuel tank cock that works a lot better than my replica one. Old gaskets and everything, dose not leak at all. New german products are not what they used to be…

IMG_0713

 

Sidecar frame and supports

Among the many things i forgot on this motorcycle, was to get a better sidecar weel. I have to get a new aluminium 19″ ring, and a new tyre.

The rest of the supports ware very difficult to mount considering i had no idea what i was doing. I still have to adjust the angles of the sidecar frame from the information i found on the internet and repaint the supports as i destroyed the paint while trying to get them into place.

IMG_0671 IMG_0672 IMG_0673 IMG_0674 IMG_0675

I took a short ride with the motorcycle with the sidecar frame attached and it was fun but a little bit difficult to steer due to the bad sidecar angle and the “wobbly” front fork. After tightening the main nuts from the front fork the ride is a little bit more stable but i still need to adjust it more.

 

Tested the new TIG welder today by building a new support frame for the carburators air flap. The air flap itself is just a cut pice of aluminium but it woks ok. I will have to bolt it together with a nice rod so the system works ok after i close the engine cover.

IMG_0676 IMG_0677