After the expo, we got the motorcycles to my place. The BK500 and K500 are mine, and the KS600 on the right is my friend’s. The one i wrote about a couple of weeks ago.
This weekend i managed to make a light trip (about 600km) with the motorcycle. Unfortunately i didn’t find the time to finish everything before i left so i only had problems with the sparks, carbs and clutch, but overall i managed to get back home so it had a good ending. This is why i did not want to start with the Zundapp until i finish this one, working one two projects consumes a lot of time.
I lost my camera card so this are a couple of photos i stole from motociclism.ro / http://calatoriifestinalente.wordpress.com/ :))
Looking forward for the next trip i make with the bike, this time AFTER i finish it if possible.
I was unable to make a lot of free time lately but i still managed to install a new glass in the headlight, seal the exhaust a little better so it will not leak and push out smoke from all of the joints, add a light protector to the headlight, put the new tyres on (Made in England, but they look nice) and assemble and align the sidecar.
There is still a lot of work on the sidecar, i have to install the power cables, lights ( don’t have them yet), passenger support bar, windscreen (also missing) and the Stoye logos that just arrived at the post office.
*New seat is also installed, i have to take some better photos next time.
I seem to be very lucky, as i was able to fine a rather good Stoye 1 sidecar, that was rust free and came with a free paint job (in a garage so not the best quality but rather good). When i get some time i will have to take it to a metalworker to get all the dents out of the aluminium and repaint it but for now it’s perfect!
Most of the stripes are done by me, so …they are a bit crooked but they are HAND MADE! 😀
As for the old sidecar, i will probably donate it or give it as a package with the second MZ BK350 that i have to whoever wants to start a BK restoration project in the future.
First time i had so much trouble aligning a sidecar, but it’s finally done. Unfortunately the replica stoye 2 i have is a bit smaller than the original so i will replace it with an original sidecar as soon as i find one.
I found an old fuel tank cock that works a lot better than my replica one. Old gaskets and everything, dose not leak at all. New german products are not what they used to be…
The fron seat axle was a size two small so i fitted an sheet of aluminium over it. It is very stable now and feels ok when you ride it.
The rubber handles i had sucked so i sacrificed the new ones i got for my Zundapp k500. I will have to order new ones for that one, but they look great on the MZ.
Had a couple of free hours yesterday so i finished the choke system. I already had the aluminium plate cut, so i manufactured a pulling system for it. It seems to be working ok, i just have to solder it together.
* As a side note the seal for the spark cable fixes everything in place nicely.