No time!

I was unable to make a lot of free time lately but i still managed to install a new glass in the headlight, seal the exhaust a little better so it will not leak and push out smoke from all of the joints, add a light protector to the headlight, put the new tyres on (Made in England, but they look nice) and assemble and align the sidecar.

There is still a lot of work on the sidecar, i have to install the power cables, lights ( don’t have them yet), passenger support bar, windscreen (also missing) and the Stoye logos that just arrived at the post office.

IMG_0889 IMG_0890

 

*New seat is also installed, i have to take some better photos next time.

The gas tank.

Time to install the gas tank. I didn’t remember where to place the MZ emblem so i temporary placed it where it “looked” ok. Also installed the knee protectors. Everything went smooth, no real problems here. Getting the cables under the gas tank was a little more tricky, considering the cables are a little two short. I had to extend them a little so they would fit ok inside the headlight, so at least a coule of hours were spent to fix cutting the two short 😀

IMG_0624 IMG_0626

IMG_0627 IMG_0628

IMG_0630 IMG_0623

Tool box and generator

Fixed up some of the electrics, i have spark so i managed to keep everything intact.

The “tool box” is complete, i just have to seal a couple of unused holes, add a battery strip and a screw to keep the fuse pannel in place.

IMG_0607 IMG_0613

IMG_0618 IMG_0620

* Just noticed the next morning that i also added a couple of scratches to ….everything. Not very big so i hope i can fill/polish them.

The generator is also in place, and it seems to be working ok, i have a nice strong spark, and everything fell into place without too much trouble.

IMG_0608 IMG_0609

IMG_0611 IMG_0612

IMG_0614 IMG_0615

 

IMG_0617 IMG_0622

All that’s left of the electrical part of the job is to strap the main cables to the frame, add the back light, mount the brake sensor, and the sidecar plug.

Fork and front lights done.

Finished the front fork today. Not my best work, as you can still hear some unhealthy metal sounds from it, and will need at least new bushes if not one of this sets full of goodies: http://www.motorradmeistermilz.de/Telegabel-Fuehrungsrohre-Komplett-mit-Buchsen-Faltenbaelge-und-Schellen-IFA-MZ-BK-350

IMG_0595

 

Overall it performs ok, i need to test it more when i get the engine running, however except for the strange noise made by the home made bushes everything seems ok. I don’t have any strange movements anymore and everything is stable.

I fixed the back fender support so it now aligns ok on the wheel. I will have to repaint this tomorrow as i fucked up the paint but i least everything falls nicely into place.

IMG_0599

 

And the last thing i managed to do before the cold got to me was finish the headlight. I had to make a locking support from inside the headlight from aluminium foil, i run out of zink foil. I will have to see if the aluminium resists the vibrations from the road.

IMG_0596 IMG_0598

 

IMG_0600

Let there be light

20/21 October 2012

So, we have lights and spark. Ebay cables needed some modifications, they are missing the neutral light wire, but it’s not really difficult to insert another one. They also did not have any sidecar connection wiring.

By this time i also cleaned the cardan and rear wheel drive. Also, i chromed a lot of the parts. I don’t know whey but i don’t have any photos with them on the operating table. Turned out i have the solo rear drive so i need to replace the cardan gear to team in order to use the sidecar for long drives.

IMG_0436 IMG_0440

Almost there my ass

2 Octomber 2012

New Powerdynamo 12v system just arrived. It’s easy to install and use however it’s very delicate so be careful with the coil.

IMG_0419 IMG_0422

First attempt to start the engine was a success. I had to turn it off really fast and install the exhaust or my eardrums would have been toast.

IMG_0423

Wish i could say everything was ok, i have a lot of things to adjust on it, especially the carburators, and at the moment i had no idea how to do it. Time for the google translate vs german forum instructions, round 1. I am however rather happy at the moment that i managed to start the engine and nothing blew up.