Kinder surprise

From the first to 11’th september i had more free time so i worked on the engine and gearbox a little. Took a lot of effort and a couple of broken screws but i managed to open up the engine block.

IMG_0371 IMG_0378


IMG_0381 IMG_0382

Crankshaft and cylinders are in a very bad shape, pistones go to the trash bin directly.

On the other side, in the gearbox, i only found two broken springs and one broken tooth from the 2’nd gear so overall ok.

IMG_0375 IMG_0376 

IMG_0379 IMG_0380

IMG_0389 IMG_0391

After cleaning everything and replacing the broken parts i tried to reassemble the gear box. This turned out to be a job i did about 20 times for this motorcycle. I had to manufacture some spacers and it took some time to get all the gears working ok. **

IMG_0392 IMG_0395

** Thank you Gabi for the help btw!

One + One

Free time was scarce however at least i managed to find some of the obvious missing parts without opening the engine or gearbox at second hand parts stores in Germany. Also managed to find another incomplete motorcycle in Romania, that had no documents, so it was good for spare parts at the moment.

I found some more cylinder heads in better condition, another gearbox, more cylinders, a front fork, more fenders, another frame, another engine block, another tank in a even worst condition, and some more small parts.

IMG_0332 IMG_0339

IMG_0338 IMG_0336

IMG_0334 IMG_0333

Overall i was almost satisfied with the parts i had, so all i needed was time to start a pre-assembly. I was still missing everything electric (had some parts that did not seem to be from a BK), a sidecar, fork stabiliser, good seats, some springs, and the other parts i still did not know about from inside the engine/gearbox/transm.

My garage had no storage shelves at the moment so it started to be a little chaotic in there with two BKs and my Yamaha cruiser.