The crankshaft came back from the workshop today, and i also finished the pressure plate, so it’s time for the first engine assembly.
The “package” contained, 2 frames, one with heavy modifications, two engines, two gear boxes, one final drive, a gas tank with cover, some controls, a headlight, a couple of wheels, one carburettor, two fenders (and a couple more from different motorcycle brands), one front frok, a couple of seats and a lot of rust.
Unfortunately i would later find out most of the parts needed major restoration, and a lot of them replacement.
During the “2 Roti Istorice” – 15.09.2012, an Retromobil event dedicated to old motorcycles, i noticed something very interesting.
This old guy was an unrestored, almost complete (so it seamed at the time) Zundapp K500, from 1948. It had a complete frame, gass tank and cover, the engine, the gearbox, the fork, and the front light. Next to it was the carcass of a Stoye sidecar, unknown modell, cut in half and welded to a custom back end.
A couple of weeks later i think i found out the owner had another engine and a modified frame and everything was for sale, so… I bought them!
Due to a rather busy schedule i neglected to write anything about this project, until i almost finished it.