28 September 2012
Finally the first time i’m reassembling the engine block! From all of the excitement i installed the cylinders the wrong way (revered them).
Yes they fit, however i don’t think starting the engine like this is a good ideea. Took me some time until i figured out something was wrong. It was when i tried to mount the engine to the frame that it started to look strange.
From the first to 11’th september i had more free time so i worked on the engine and gearbox a little. Took a lot of effort and a couple of broken screws but i managed to open up the engine block.
Crankshaft and cylinders are in a very bad shape, pistones go to the trash bin directly.
On the other side, in the gearbox, i only found two broken springs and one broken tooth from the 2’nd gear so overall ok.
After cleaning everything and replacing the broken parts i tried to reassemble the gear box. This turned out to be a job i did about 20 times for this motorcycle. I had to manufacture some spacers and it took some time to get all the gears working ok. **
** Thank you Gabi for the help btw!